Electronic Research Administration:
The research portal is an extensive application comprised of several other applications to track specific research activity.
- Project Management and Approval: This application is the heart of the research portal. It provides the mechanism for tracking research projects throughout the organization. It feeds information to Faculty Information System to ensure that the faculty’s research activity are captured and reported for evaluation purposes. It also ensures that faculty do not seem over-committed for NIH related activities. The routing portion of this application is particularly complex, in that it allows the information to flow over to various entities in the organization.
- Human Subject Application, Review and Approval Application (IRB): This application captures and manages the elements of a research project particular to IRB.
- Animal Subject Application, Review and Approval Application (IACUC): This application captures and manages the elements of a research project particular to IACUC.
- Animal Ordering and Tracking: This application is used by the animal facility to track their stock of animals.
- Grant Administration: This is the administrative application used outside of the Research Channel by the staff of the research office. It allows the management of research projects in administrative capacities, including receiving and marking grant notifications, helping grant administrators with their budget period budgeting, and approval or denial of research projects.
- Biohazard Application, Review and Approval Application (IBC): This small application captures and manages the elements of a research projects particular to handling of biohazard material.